Hobbies and Fun Stuff
Westfield Kit Car
- A chance to build a kit from https://westfield-sportscars.co.uk/ in the north of England. What a fantastic place!
- Built the car with my dad, almost every Saturday for about a year. Special credit to my dear mum too for the extra pair of hands, finishing touches and the endless supply of tea and soup to keep us warm! We have some of the best memories ever! (And a few bruises!)
- Whilst this got me away from the desk & computer for a while, we did have to hook it up to my laptop to set up the ECU though. Okay, so I mostly got away from the screen!
- Did a couple of track days (nothing serious, and not using our car!!)
2015 - Unloading the bare chassis, after collection from the factory
A very early shot of the chassis before we fitted all the panels
2016 IVA Inspection Passed = Road Legal :)
Lego Mindstorms Car
- A really, really poor mans car - in plastic - but using an Xbox joypad, .Net Robotics Studio, sonars, touch sensors, giros and compass - and a really primitive memory-map and dashboard! You wont be buying one soon but it was fun to build and watch it crash round my lounge!!
- DaVinci Resolve
Using this to stick together the workshop build timelapse that was created with Raspberry Pi's as well as still cameras, long before I had any software to process the vast number of captures. Watch this space!
Used this to sketch out some electronics and circuit boards.
A long way to go learning how best to use this app!
Working through a great YouTube tutorial, learning how to create my own models for 3D printing. Try it yourself